This will be my last opportunity to write to you during the 21-22 school year – summer awaits, and I think we are all READY!
I hope you’ve enjoyed the theme for this school year “We are the Body” based on 1 Corinthians 12:12-27. The most important thing I want to share with you as we close the year is THANK YOU! Your love, support, encouragement, and cooperation as fellow members of the body of Christ has meant so much to all of us at St. Luke’s this year. Despite the challenges and the ups and downs, we’ve stuck together under the banner of our Savior Jesus, and He has blessed us in so many ways!
Now it’s time for summer! Woo hoo! I pray you have some awesome plans in the months ahead filled with family fun, travel, and new adventures. Here’s my summer “homework” list for your kids:
- Spend a lot of time outside getting wet, dirty, or sweaty – ideally all three at the same time!
- Read lots and lots and lots of books – everybody gets to pick what they want just for fun.
- Meet new people – at the park, the playground, the library, or when traveling.
- Put on a talent show with friends from the neighborhood – lip sync, dance, air guitar, skateboarding, magic tricks, and more!
- Build a fort in the living room out of cardboard and blankets and whatever else is on hand.
- Have a car wash or lemonade stand and give the proceeds away.
- Read the Bible and talk about it together as a family. And pray!
Sound like a good plan? Thank you again for everything, and God’s richest blessings to you all as we close this school year. See you in August!